Vitamin C blood serum test is a measure of Ascorbic acid, a water soluble vitamin and antioxidant. Ready source of Vitamin C is essential in the diet as our body cannot make it. Vitamin C is needed for making collagen, neurotransmitters, and is important in immune function and wound healing
What nutrients and/or metabolites are measured?
Individuals with insufficient or deficient vitamin C nutrient status may experience a range of symptoms such as
- swollen/bleeding gums, weakness, joint pain, fatigue, depression
Who can benefit from this test?
- Everyone interested in improving and achieving optimum nutrition and wellness
- Smokers, and those exposed to regular second hand smoke
- Individuals with digestive and malabsorption problems due to celiac disease, Crohn’s, pancreatic disease, cystic fibrosis
- Slowing age-related macular degeneration
- Illness such as cancer, renal disease,
- Gauging antioxidant status