The fat soluble vitamin test panel, Vitamin A, Vitamin D total, and Vitamin E.
Fat soluble vitamins tested together as compared to separately at different time points offer better insight about their interdependencies in health functions. For example, low vitamin A will affect Vitamin D absorption and bone mineralization.
What nutrients and/or metabolites are measured?
Vitamin D total (cholecalcifrol and ergocalciferol)
Retinol (active Vitamin A)
Alpha tocopherol and Gamma tocopherol (Vitamin E)
Clients with insufficient or deficient fat soluble vitamin status
Individuals may experience one or a range of symptoms related to individual vitamin insufficiency or due to interdependence and interaction among the vitamins:
- Poor bone and muscle health
- Vision problems such as macular degeneration, cataracts
- Compromised immune health and frequent infections
- Problems in skin and mucous membrane health
- Compromised Sensory and motor neuropathy
Who can benefit from this test?
- Everyone interested in improving and achieving optimum nutrition and wellness
- Individuals who have digestive and malabsorption problems such as in celiac disease, Crohn’s, pancreatic disease, cystic fibrosis
- Individuals with inflammatory disease
- Excess vitamin supplementation and potential toxicities
- Gauging antioxidant status
- Blood serum